Thursday, October 19, 2006

Change of plans

Unfortunately for me, the stars realigned today and I had to cancel my trip to good ol' Louisiana. More on those circumstances later. There is one small upside: I'll be in the park over the weekend and may have a chance to get some aerial shots of the mountain. If so, I'll post them.

The News Tribune covered our successful summer of no rescues. They also took some time to discuss the new guiding operations.

As for climbing, the weather looks good for the weekend, but that wasn't the case this week. It seemingly rained almost every day, and there wasn't much snow to show for it (as it stayed quite warm). Camp Muir reached a high of 40 degrees Thursday! If you're on the mountain, watch for hard ice, as it seems to appear after those warm rain storms.

No comments:

Post a Comment